Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Evaluating 21st Century Skills

I really enjoyed exploring this website. http://www.21stcenturyskills.org/.

The founders are truly interested in developing the 21st century teaching skills and adapting them to the classroom setting. I was very impressed by the quantity and quality of the information found on this website.

The various themes are: Learning and Innovation Skills, Core Subjects and 21st Century Themes, Information media and Technology Skills, Life and Career Skills. This site also focuses global issues. It was fascinating to discover that there were videos associated to the site on the YouTube. There was one site that covers the three steps necessary for 21st Century Learning. I really enjoyed exploring this site. These people seem to be truly interested in developing the teaching skills adapting them to the 21st century. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yCB4i7GJuM

3 Steps for 21st Century Learning
Step 1 - Transform the classroom into a creative learning space.
Step 2 - Teach students the skills of competition and collaboration.
Step 3 - Introduce the students to the global peers and provide the opportunity for them to collaborate.

4 comments:

  1. I was impressed when I went to the YouTube site and watched about this learning. We diffentely need more people like this to invest in our children so that they will be totally equipped for when they step into the real world. It not only takes the teacher any more to get them ready. This website will be one that I will frequently use and I really interested in the cyber summit that they are offering at the beginning of June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria;

    Very good analysis. I especially like (and agree with) your "3 Steps for 21st Century Learning." It is concise and correct. The graphic on the core skills and the integration of the various themes reminded me of the International Baccalaureate program that I am part of in my school. Nothing is taught in isolation - but rather integrated within a holistic world view.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa Lee

    I agree that this site is a wonderful site that gives us teachers a lot of support and ideas.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim

    You are totally correct.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete