Sunday, November 22, 2009

Research Questions

Since last week I have build up on my problem statement and questions. Some information given on the discussion board was very important. Thank you. Please give me some more suggestions.

Problem Statement:
I plan to determine the effectiveness of the adult educational training programs which integrate technology, when performed by students who have had different levels of contact with technology throughout their lives.

Who: students in adult educational training programs
What: effectiveness of adult training using technology
Why: Determine to what degree students in the adult educational training programs are able to use technology.

Questions:
1.Is there a difference in student motivation to learn in a traditional learning environment without computers and a learning environment with 1:1 computers? (Difference question)
2.To what degree does student mastery of technology, determine the level of the work produced by the students? (Relationship question)
3.What is the best procedure for a teacher to use with students that are not familiar with technology? (Descriptive question)

I would say that mine is a mixed method research as I have quantative and qualitative questions and the design I am thinking of using is the triangulation design.

Maria

2 comments:

  1. Maria - this sounds like an interesting study. Will study participants self-report their experience with technology? Will you survey each student? Where would the quantitative data come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,

    I will have the students report their experiences. I am going to survey all the students. I will also be reviewing literature on the subject and use questions pre established by researchers in the area.

    I found work by a researcher called Solange M. Wechsler that seems to be very good. She is a professor at the Catholic University of Campinas in Brazil.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete