Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reviewing GAME Plan

1. Design and develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments:

Resources:

· Computers with internet access;

· Survey monkey, webspiration, audacity, webquests.

· Voice Threads, PowerPoint’s, Movie Maker, Glogsters, Prezi’s, blogs and sites used to share final products that students will present and finally become artifacts in their personal portfolios.

Information...

  • on how to use the internet and evaluate the search engines;
  • on how to validate the information on the web;
  • on how to research for information on the web;
  • on how to use digital tools they will need.

Learning strategy:

  • I will ask the students to start off by analyzing a webpage.
  • I Supply worksheets and podcasts explaining the steps they should follow to do their research.
  • They would then search for the information they need, evaluating them, synthesizing and then transforming this information into a product that is theirs.
  • They will perform their surveys using the online surveys,
  • They will organize their concepts using concept mapping tools.
  • As their program does not contemplate laboratory experimentation (adult students) they may use simulations when they need to understand some concepts better.
  • As these students are not all doing the same work at the same time, my contribution is individual to each one of them.

2. Engaging in Professional Growth and Leadership:

Resources:

· Computers with internet access;

· Blog; RSS feed; portfolio

Learning strategy:

I need to view and answer the blog postings on a more regular basis. I have being viewing the posts although not as often as I should, but have failed to interact with my colleagues on a more regular basis on their blogs. I am able to view the blog posts each time I use my search engine because the blogs I have iGoogle as me homepage (as the page opens I see who has posted on their blogs). When searching the web and I am able to view the posts quickly before proceeding with my work, if I have a minute.

Maria

4 comments:

  1. Maria,

    Your plan looks as though it could stand alone as an individualized independent learning project. Since most of the students are working on different topics, they are in essence, doing independent learning projects and have guidance and inspiration from you periodically.

    It is very interesting and packed with all levels of resources. A student could gain quite a broad range of skills from it.

    Great work.

    Rob Zingg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob,

    Thank you for the support.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,
    I really enjoyed your blog. I think your plan really reaches the different levels. Are you able to blog at your school site? Our district has such strong filters that we are not able to get onto any blog sites. I like how you give each student individualized attention.
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria, I too enjoyed reading your blog. Your students will be exposed to a number of different applications of technology when you are through. I noticed we are also in the same group. I will email or post a comment on your blog when I figure out exactly what we are supposed to do together. Looking forward to communicating.

    ReplyDelete