Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reflection

I have been successful in reaching the goals I set for myself and have had digital-age learning experiences and assessments that I already started implementing with my students. As suggested by the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) teachers should allow individual students to access active learning:
• Use out of several media formats to access information; I have started using
some of the tools I have learned in this course with my students in order to successfully reach the NETS-T goals I set out for myself which were:
1. Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments;
2. Engaging in Professional Growth and Leadership;

I feel that this course has had the snowball effect on me, as it started rolling it became bigger until it turned into an avalanche; As I learn more I discover many more tools and procedures to learn. I have already started preparing my personal eportfolio and have started working with tools, such as o lesson builder, unit builder, rubrics, standards and target sets, which are in our Taskstream portfolio.

The immediate adjustments I will make to my instructional practice regarding technology integration in my content areas as a result of my learning from this course are:
• Provide students with more choices in the media , tools and context in which learning will take place;
• Have students demonstrate concepts and skills through the use of varied models of expert performance to allow students to identify with preferred mode;
• Provide multiple examples for multiple intelligences(visual, auditory, kinesthetic)using varied digital tools;
• Provide opportunities to practice skills with various levels of support, and provide ongoing, relevant feedback using digital rubrics and lesson builders;
• Include activities with varied levels of difficulty to challenge students at all levels of ability with a variety of tools.

Maria

4 comments:

  1. It was nice working in a group with you and I think you have been a great asset to my development as well. I enjoy reading your posts and gaining new perspectives from them. Thank you and good luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virgil,

    Thank you very much, I feel the same about working in group with you and as I have already said, I have learned a lot with you too.

    I am pleased to say that I have already managed to complete my portfolio. I used Google sites and it was very easy. Try it out.
    Url: http://sitesgoogle.com/site/portfoliodamariadoloresjardim/

    Hope to see you in our final courses, if not, I wish you lots of sucess with the integration of technology in your classroom.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virgil,

    I got the site wrong. It is:
    http://sites.google.com/site/portfoliodamariadoloresjardim/

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria,
    Trying to stay updated on all the technologies can feel overwhelming at times, but it is exciting to know that these technologies are available to us as teachers and our students.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete